Sunday, March 15, 2009

Weekly feature: Excerpt from original script

I got a real treasure for you this week. The mute dialouge, according to the script, between Buffy & Dawn in The Body, from the scene when Buffy reveals to Dawn that Joyce died. The white dialouge is what we hear on screen, and the yellow is from the script(not sure if it's exactly the words the actors used or if it changed).


Buffy: Dawn. I have to talk to you.

Dawn: Um...

Buffy: What?

Dawn: Can it wait? I'm in the middle of a class.

Buffy: I know. Please come with me.

Dawn: I thought Mom was picking me up.
*Buffy closes the classroom door behind them as they exit into the hall.*

Dawn: What's going on? Something's going on.

Buffy: Let's go outside.

Dawn: No. Tell me what's going on.

Buffy: It's ... bad ... news.

Dawn: Well, what is it? What happened?

Buffy: It's bad. Please, can we-

Dawn: (loudly) Where's Mom?

Buffy: (teary) Mom ... had an accident. Or, um... ...something went ... wrong from the tumor.

Dawn: Is she okay? Is she ... but she's okay? But ... it's, it's serious, but...

Buffy: Dawn...

Buffy: Mom died this morning. While we were both at school, she-

Dawn: No...

Buffy: I don't know exactly what happened, but, she's dead...

Dawn: No. NO NO no no you're lying you're lying she fine she's FINE and you're lying oh no no please please no you're lying she's fine, she's fine...

Buffy: Dawnie...

Dawn: It's not true it's not real it's not real ohhhhh noooooo... no...


No comments:

Post a Comment