Sunday, May 9, 2010

Weekly feature: Excerpt from original script

From Beneath you (Btvs, season 7), when Spike is trying to act like his old self and a big worm thing is being all stalker-y.

Xander reflects on high school life in a line cut due to length:

"I forgot high school's unwritten rules of hallway etiquette. Of course, no one ever explained them to me. They'd just stuff me in a locker till I drew my own conclusion."

I never give Xander enough credit for becoming a decent guy even tough he was bullied, lived on a Hellmouth and had a crappy family. I might not like the guy the way I used to, but I got to give him props for that.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! :) I like it, especially this part:

    "I forgot high school's unwritten rules of hallway etiquette. Of course, no one ever explained them to me. They'd just stuff me in a locker till I drew my own conclusion."

    I've got to say, Xander definitely speaks volumes when he made that speech in the deleted scene, too. :)

    ReplyDelete