Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekly feature: Excerpt from original script

From A New Man. Buffy's apology got cut (but we got a funny joke about Ethan's clothes instead).

Image from screencapparadise(like most screencaps have been, that I haven't credited properly before. Bad me).



Aired version (source):
(Giles is back to human form, but has been forced to borrow clothing from Ethan. Not his style.)

BUFFY: You okay?

GILES: (sheepishly) Oh, um, uh, embarrassed, mostly. Ethan's wardrobe's not helping any. Uh, how did you know it was me?

BUFFY: Your eyes. You're the only person in the world that can looked *that* annoyed with me.

Original version. (Source.)

BUFFY
(crossing to Giles)
Giles? You okay?

GILES
Embarrassed mostly. Buffy, I don't
know what to say. You know I'd
never intentionally--

BUFFY
I know. And I'm so sorry about,
you know, stabbing you in the heart...

GILES
How, how did you know it was me?

BUFFY
(quietly)
Your eyes. There's only one
person in the world who can look
that annoyed with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment